High Five a Dietitian Today!
Happy Registered Dietitian Day!
In honor of National RD (Registered Dietitian) Dayand because there are three of us here at Omni - myself, Melissa Preston, and Melissa Knudson- I thought I would do a special blog dedicated to the awesomeness that is being an RD. Here are some of the things that set dietitians apart from other wellness or nutrition professionals (taken directly from eatright.org):
· Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living.
· Registered Dietitian Nutritionists have degrees in nutrition, dietetics, public health or a related field from well-respected, accredited colleges and universities, completed an internship and passed an examination.
· Registered Dietitian Nutritionists use their nutrition expertise to help individuals make personalized, positive lifestyle changes.
· Registered Dietitian Nutritionists work throughout the community in hospitals, schools, public health clinics, nursing homes, fitness centers, food management, food industry, universities, research and private practice.
· Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world.
I would add that here at Omni we are fat positive, and our mission is centered around dismantling weight and body stigma and oppression in the world we live in. We are Health At Every Size focused and dream of a world where ALL bodies – all shapes, sizes, races, ethnicities, religions, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, ability statuses, etc - are allowed to take up space and be treated with dignity, respect, and peace.
Join us in celebrating and high five your favorite RD today!